A divisive election is good for bumper stickers:
- Well behaved women rarely make history
- Screw Tibet. Free Scotland!
- Enjoy life. This is not a dress rehearsal.
- I still have the body of an 18 year old.
It's in the trunk and it's starting to smell.
- Stop inbreeding. Ban country music.
- I am straight but not narrow.
- Support OPEC. Buy an SUV.
- Bush. A global disaster. A national disgrace. (There was a United States Air Force sticker on the same vehicle.)
- It's time to trim the Bushes.
- Save the environment. Plant a Bush back in Texas.
- Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam
- Oh well. I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
- Regime change starts at home.
- Vote or die.
- Bush lied. People died.
- If you aren't totally appalled, you haven't been paying attention.
- </bush> (A bumper sticker for computer programmers!)
Any plans we make keep coming undone so I've given up making predictions. We'd still like to move to the east coast sometime since being a tourist was one of the reasons we came here and after 10 years, we have done most of what we want to on this side of the US. I'd like to try living in the UK one day and eventually be back to Australia. We'll see.
In the mean time, we've been looking at real estate in Denver, possibly to live in but something that can be rented if we move out of town. The real estate market surged in recent years and we could have a huge capital gain if we bought a house when we arrived but I resisted to avoid getting too entrenched. We made an offer on one last Thursday but I was relieved we didn't get it since it required a lot of work.
Please write and tell us your news if you get a chance.
—Peter and Lan